- o aviltamento da mulher pela contracepção e relações sexuais antes do casamento; o femininismo, racionalização de problemas afectivos mal resolvidos
“Prodded along by what I was reading, I began thinking that since all my heterosexual relationships were failures, that I might be a lesbian.”
- o modus vivendi homossexual, gerador de grande sofrimento psíquico e espiritual
“I was a mental wreck. I just felt that I was spinning out of control, that I was keeping appearances but I was miserable inside.” [S]he broke into tears one night at 3 am and began shouting in her empty apartment (...), imploring God to “take her away.” “Here I was, a militant feminist lesbian atheist lying on my apartment floor crying my head off imploring God. I wasn’t in my right mind, but I was desperate for help.”
- a dificuldade em reeducar a sua própria personalidade
“I was suddenly forced to face life in the raw, without any protection or buffer.”
- a Egreja Cathólica, guardiã dos bons costumes
“I went to the monastery armed with all the contempt and hatred for the patriarchal Church that I had stored up from years of radical feminist studies. For radical feminists the Church is basically enemy #1.”
- a paciência dos monges
“For three days in a row, two hours a day, I badgered, screamed at, practically foamed at the mouth in the face of this monk, dredging up basically every insult, cliché, dirty thing that I could think of, or invent about Christianity. I was so mad, so hurt and angry, and I was dishing it all out to this monk, who never said a word the whole time, but instead just looked at me, nodding his head.”
- a conversão espiritual e afectiva de uma lésbica militante, possível
“I just say that God floored me, staggered me; I didn’t convert myself, he brought me to Him.”
- a realização bio-psycho-social da mulher no matrimónio e na maternidade
She now works as an independent journalist and happily married stay-at-home mother of six.
São Bento, rogai por nós.